Finally :D The all new V2 Firmware that has been many many months in the making
The New V2 has lots of new functionality so its VERY IMPORTANT that you download and read the user manuals . This release does not have a working Transmission BT downloader so dont update if you have pending downloads that need completion. See note at the bottom for more info
IMPORTANT: ONLY INSTALL VIA EMERGENCY METHOD AND DO NOT USE CONFIG RESTORE
AFTER THE UPDATE WE SUGGEST YOU REBOOT THE X2 AND THEN CONTINUE
Emergency Method (Resets Configuration to Default)
Format USB stick to FAT32. Unzip the firmware and copy the Install.img to the root of the USB stick. Disconnect the power jack at the rear of the Mede8er then plug it back in - Now press the on/off button and hold it pressed for 20 seconds and then release. After approximately 15 seconds the LED on the Mede8er with flash blue and you will get a progress bar on your TV display (some TV's will not display this) wait until the Mede8er re boots itself +- 60 sec. Your Mede8er is now updated.
For those who do not have Y2M / Thumbgen xml data I suggest you download this demo to see the true power of the X2
Small Demo - hxxp://www.mede8er.org/artwork/temp/MED500X2_XML_Demo_short_Version.rar
Large Demo - www.filesonic.com/file/3163525944
ChangeLog — v2.0.0
1. New V2 GUI
2. New Mede8er XML Movie Jukebox with 5 View Styles and Parental Control.
3. New User Customized Background function - User can use own background JPG images for GUI
4. New Skin function — Users will be able to download community devleoped skins for X2
5. New Auto View Function
6. NEW — Audio button shortcut to Audio Player 'Now Playing'
7. New customize GUI and SUBTITLE text based fonts (loaded into flash memory)
8. New Boot to Favourites function
9. Added support for PGS subtitles in MKV files
10 Added support for external vob/sub subtitles
11. Added Icelandic Launguge to GUI
12. Added Manual IP Setup for WiFi
13. Added HDD Size/Free Space added to Setup Menu
14. Fixed Internet Browser not displaying mouse curser
15 Fixed PCIe WiFi not booting up in conjuction with large size internal HDD
16. Fixed read NTFS only internal HDD
17. Fixed read issue on some HDD brands
18. Improved SRT subtitle image quality
19. Fixed external set sub with bracked extension after file name eg name[NL].srt or name.(NL).srt
20. Fixed limit of subtitles in one folder
21. Fixed SPDIF Passthrough when X2 does not have internal EDID info
22. Fixed crash caused by some characters in mp3 tag when doing a scan.
23. Fixed pause/play problem with DTSMA on some Pioneer Amp models
24. Fixed General Bugs and functionality
25. Fixed crash when opening BDISO with unsupported BD Menu
Transmission BT - Currently updating from V2.13 to V2.42 and this will be ready early next week. It must be noted that if you have pending downloads you should complete these first in V1.0.3 before updating as the new version uses different directories.
1. Login to Picasa account
2. Vobsub not working if made with mkbmerge 4.9.1
3. LPCM - 6CH AAC Loosing Center channel when skipping forward/back
I would like to thank Hansen for his incredible work on this release. I would also like to thank Massbommel for his invaluable input and testing every night and every weekend ;). To Jer1956 and Insomniac I thank you for your input. To all the Mede8er Beta testers a huge thanks and I can tell you that you guys have helped to make V2 what it is.
To unsubscribe from these announcements, login to the forum and uncheck "Receive forum announcements and important notifications by email." in your profile.
You can view the full announcement by following this link:
The Mede8er Forum Team.
Any ideas when we can see a patched firmware for the PBO?